A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pause; Live life in between the doing

pastry class extraordinaire
Last night was the final class in my pastry arts series. Each class has been punctuated by at least one invaluable lesson and last night was no exception. I thought I would be hard pressed to enjoy myself and most assuredly find the subject matter boring-based on plenty of hands on experience in my own kitchen in this subject matter. But lo and behold, I was enlightened! Who knew genoise could be so enriching?! And butter cream...don't get me started!

My cake is on the top right shelf. Now it is in pieces, crumbs actually, in my own frig. Maybe there will be enough to share with the guys....if they're nice.

I will miss the time learning, but will certainly undertake another course to enhance my skills now that I've begun investing in this creative pursuit! Maybe I'll check into candy and chocolate making...yum.
Who knew twelve women could pack away so much sweet?! It was to die for...you had to be there.
Look for a store front some day-Trish's Tarts and Arts. Has a ring to it, don't you think!? And, in the meantime, if you are in the Seattle area, let me know. I'm on a roll. Too much pastry! Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment