A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

because Karon said so

Do you have a friend, you know the one, whom you can turn to no matter what? Say what you want, act like you want, feel all that you want, let it rip and hold nothing back knowing that under no circumstance will they judge you, hold you in contempt or send you packing!? Karon is that friend for me. After nearly two years of lazy dabbling at best, in my passion-encaustic-(reasons were valid for the hiatus but come on~ no creative outlet?!) Karon kicked me in the butt, ever so gently. And, along with prodding from other forces in my life, I am back at the hot wax with a vengeance. Mind you, the work all sucks so far. I feel like Tom Hanks in Big-but in reverse. My brain is all grown up and trying to function as an adult, but my body, hands to be exact, are functioning more like children-in finger paint and kindergarten paste tubs. Perhaps if I keep turning the wax on at 3am and working in it relentlessly-okay, I stop to eat and bake some goodies for the redheads-I can't help myself there; so, near relentlessly, until afternoon or evening commitments are howling at the door to the studio, maybe my body will grow up and join my brain in this adult world. Or who knows, maybe my brain will regress and join in the body's return to carefree, obliviously creative youth. I like the later....Trish

'We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to make room for the life that's waiting for us.'

1 comment:

  1. that karon is one smart cookie ;)

    You've had a lot going on these past few years. I am amazed by all that you do. But glad to see you back at it. I look at your painting that I have everyday and love that I have one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete