A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Monday, May 4, 2009

messages



Messages. Such as the one that fell from my dresser as I was going to bed last night. A card; a birthday card I'd purchased just for its beauty, intending to give it to someone when it felt right, floated down from the file atop my dresser in which it had been resting, snugly, since I purchased it almost three years ago. As it landed, open to the vivid interior greeting on the boring beige of my carpet, I bent to retrieve it and was given goosebumps by its words. 'Now is where you live, here is your heart.' I'd been embattled, for the zillionth time, in doubt, frustration and angst over my place in the universe, my heart's connection to anothers in this world, my soul's true path in this life. The message-so simple, so real, so easy-took my breath away. It brought tears to my eyes and sent my heart racing. It was a 'duh' reminder to live the 200 feet in front of you-the next five minutes-and not the unpredictable future. It will fall into place as I live fully in the space I am in right now. We are not here to live in angst and fear, but to move in and grow in love, gratitude and compassionate connecting. The path each of us is here to follow is clearly defined, if only we use our eyes to see it. Messages fluttering off of the tops of dressers remind us this is so. And it reminds me to always remember the three things that rule living well:
Love like everyone you meet is God in disguise.
Listen to the voice of your heart.
Give thanks. every hour.
And, that my life's job is to love well, care well and live well.
Happy Monday. Happy start to new possibilities. Happy 200 feet. Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment