A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Thursday, April 1, 2010

ArtFest recovery and spring break!

ArtFest was all that it professed to be, all that I could've hoped for of it and as intense of an event as I remembered from years past. I always leave exhilerated, yet a bit deflated because I know I haven't lived up to the expectations of all the participants. I am learning to let go of this though; ArtFest is the type of workshop experience in which it is virtually impossible to satisfy all the wants of every student. With 70 attendees over three separate workshop days, I can simply give what I plan and rarely get the pleasure of the deeper connections that happen in a three day workshop of all the same students. I've resigned to this though and work hard to give everything I can while I am there. Thus the tired eyes and buzzing brain still four days after returning! In addition, three of my four gingers are holding fort here as of 11:30 this morning :) Looking forward to much noise and unrest reigning for the next seven days!!!! blessings. in love. trish

6 comments:

  1. I loved your Saturday class! Thanks bunches for opening my mind and loosening a love of wax. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlie, I thought I'd let you know that I did a post about you, and the class, on my blog today. You were great, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! thank you both! Jennifer-I am planning on June 29th :) Would love to have you there Saturday 3rd too~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I found your book randomly at Barnes & Noble the other night. I sat on the floor and read as much as I could before I realized I needed to buy it and take it home. I stayed up pretty late that night reading it. The next day I got online and found where I could buy supplies. I ended up at Daniel Smith Art Supplies in Bellevue. Spent way too much money and have never been happier. :)
    I had experimented with wax before, but just wax you use in canning. Never this kind of stuff. I LOVE IT! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene~Wow! What a fun story and you are so welcome! Keep in touch and let me know where it takes you :) I am doing a demonstration at DS Seattle in June-look at their schedule and see if you can make it! I'd love to meet you~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish,
    Just want to thank you for your wonderful class at Art Fest. I was really inspired by your class even though I don't consider myself an encaustic artist. you are an awesome instructor and I felt that I got a lot of info as well as a lighthearted and fun class. thanks so much! caterina

    ReplyDelete