A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Friday, March 19, 2010

uuuuugggggggh

The longings of my heart-while faint under the loss and cacophony of recovery at the onset-have gained strength and courage over the past three months of convicted 'aloneness'. They intrude on my early morning reading with quick jabs of neediness hitting just below the solar plexus. Coffee with a friend is invaded by a squeezing of my heart that aches more deeply than any love has touched. Working in the afternoon sun lite studio can find me immobilized in a pang for a gentle impassioned kiss. I had no idea it would feel like this. That not seeking-that allowing God to bring into my life what He has planned for me-that devoting my year to pursuing other paths than that of a romantic relationship, would leave me open to such inexplicable ache. Somehow I am finding satisfaction, and believe it or not-joy, in it though; In the waiting of this time. Squaring oneself with oneself is ennobling and a gracious gift bestowed-
God knows what I need in a partner; He's got my perfect mate picked out as I write this :)! When I am ready, when he is ready, God will put us together. But it can not be denied that the lack of it in this doing-other-things-time is surprisingly painful. Don't get me wrong-I didn't expect it to be easy-I knew I'd have to work at not wanting to throw an extra smile to the guy in the Starbuck's line or catch the eye of the blond in the dairy aisle. But I didn't think I would battle the intensity of internal deep longing for a companion and mate in nearly all I was doing. I thought my independent spirit and full, rich schedule of teaching and connecting would fill my inner cup to overflowing.
Yet at this 3month-in point of my one year commitment to pursuing Christ's call to me alone, I find difficulty in ways I couldn't have foreseen. And yet in this I should've seen it coming. God does not ask more of us than He equips us to handle....so test my strength, I am!
My commitment stands strong...if not on weakened knees and flailing heart. I will face these longings and aches stoically with God's grace at hand and look forward to the gift they are calling out-a God given companion as He would prescribe. Seeking through prayer, believing with faith and remaining steadfast by trust. Can't wait to see what I am writing next year at this time! in love. trish.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! What a painfully powerful post. Glad you are steadfast in your commitment and willing to grow through the pain. Everything for its reason. Sounds like you will win in the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, let me introduce myself, my name is Jennifer Lorton, and I thrilled to be taking you "Get Hinky With It" class at Artfest. Your artwork is beautiful.
    Spontaniously, I decided to type your name into the old search engine, and I came across this blog. It is wonderful and heartfelt. I felt this kinship with this this post that came as such a surprise. I thought I'd see some pretty art, not end up touched to my core. At the beginning of the year I/we ended a long term relationship, and it is a huge healing process. And one of the decisions that I made was to spend some time with myself. Not to immediately start the flirting process, as I usually do to fill the void. So your writing really hit home for me. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I want you to know that I can relate, and that your honesty really touched my heart.
    Really looking forward to meeting you, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer-I can't wait to meet you! Please make sure you MAKE SURE I connect who you are because I will be scattered and full of painting thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,
    Give me an email! I want to set a lunch date for when I am in Mendocino and can't find your contact info!
    pbsartist@aol.com

    ReplyDelete