A random babbling on creative spirits-

Random babbling on the creative spirit~painting, sewing, baking, boys, an irresistable God and the next 200 feet~

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I paint in my hotel room~

more to come! not done with 'hem of his robe' series, but entering into this 'Nehemiah 8:17' :)))
I paint in my hotel room. When traveling for long periods of time I can't control the need and often-times break out the wax.
I am cautious! 
I open the door;
start before housekeeping comes around to sniff out my idiosyncrasy;
protect the beautiful laminate furniture (read the sarcasm :) with paper grocery sacks before beginning.
 I find it MUST happen!~
A month is a long time to go without putting brush to bord except to demonstate and inspire.
An attendee to my Asheville, NC workshop stated that these paintings spoke 'a happy person painted me!' 
I am thrilled to embrace that assessment; 
and post them in gratitude to my hubby, John Tod Govaert, this Valentine's day;
5 years ago we met on our nervous first date. 
that was missing'.
having discovered the missing, 
and that we were both in it.
To many more years of Valentine's day 
filled with happy paintings~
in love. Trish

4 comments:

  1. This post was so beautiful - may you have many Valentine's days to come - I'm sure you know how lucky you are to have rediscovered love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new direction and would love to hear the meaning of the verse for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the manager see it? Good thing it's allowed to paint in that hotel. Some don't. I also paint in my room - it releases my stress from a hard day's work. Have you heard of Mary Cassatt? She painted "The Child's Bath" and she's considered one of the three world's famous female painters.

    ReplyDelete